Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WINGS AND THINGS


'A Fright With Feathers'  by  Trish
 I asked the Lord for wings, so I could fly straight to heaven,
You can imagine my suprise when I sprouted a lot of feathers.
'What's this!' I said, trying hard not to shout,
when I realized I just couldn't stop, fluttering all about.

A big booming sound said, 'I'm oh so sorry my friend,
Those feathers were meant for a bird, just round the bend'.
I fluttered this way, that way, beginning to feel all frantic,

As the postman popped a letter in my box, he said, 'you and your antics'.
He laughed as he road away, on a bike that was squeaky,
I then noticed the neighbours, some looked almost weepy.
They laughed and clapped their hands, to them it was such a joke.
I quickly prayed, the feathers away, I had to! I just couldn't cope!

Tushie









No comments:

Post a Comment