Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

MRS MITTY-WALTER

'Mrs Mitty-Walter'  by  Trish
Dear Bertie,
Hope we can soon meet up for a coffee and a chat. I also hope, now you've stopped leaping from one country to the next, before you leap off again, you can tune into, my lovely radio program.These are the dates of my readings. I try to keep my material, interesting and up to date.
But first, I simply must tell you this Bertie! I've just heard a person interviewed on the radio, they've written a book on reality.
In this person's opinion,  reality is different for everyone.
My mind immediately rose up in raging rejection against such an
inhuman suggestion.
Does he mean, I'm all by myself, no matter how many
others are around me, either close or afar?
Does he mean, in spite of all the people sitting and standing,
in trains and buses, that I travel on, in spite of the masses of people
browsing in shopping centres, some tearing merchandise to shreds, in their efforts, to gain a bargain, and a planet ,that appears to me, to team with people and their activities, I am alone! I won't accept that, not for one minute! Why, I need a bridge to walk over when I  reach out to another soul. But if my reality is different to the other's, if it is not that of any other person on this earth, then of what will a common bridge be built? There'd be endless bridges, which would actually be one bridge, with one person, walking on endless bridges, that being for ever and a day, their own bridge, with nary a hope in hell of meeting anyone, but oneself. (so to speak).

There! I've got that off my chest! You know how deep I can be Bertie, I go far deeper than most into the realms of mind, Now let me get  off that mad subject! and on to, my material! for the radio. Any suggestions or thoughts in general will be appreciated.

LETTERS FROM MRS MITTY WALTER
The reason you've not heard from me for quite some time, dear listeners is, I've been away. I have been on a dangerous and arduous journey, about which, I will now to share with you. There are plenty of personal trials and tribulations, involving yours truly, but I'll leave them to write about at the appropriate time.

I went on a safari no less! (I must say those darned jungle hardships nearly did me in for good!) One of the poor fellows was taken by a lion, on the very first day! right before our eyes! I was demented with shock. Some of the party ran forward to try and help. All very brave I suppose, but I took off like a rocket in the direction of our camp. I screamed all the way back to the little tent the men, had set up earlier in the day. Thank God! there were signs all over the place.

Fortunately for me, there was a courteous young man, keeping guard over all of our possessions. The others didn't seem to have much luggage at all; I had a lot! My reason for having things like a dictionary, two pair of high healed shoes, three long evening gowns, a fur coat, two wigs, a long black one and a shortish blondie one, was due to my not having been on a safari before. Apart from the hard covered dictionary, all else, was able to be squashed into a small plastic bag.. I did get a little booklet before I left on my trip, but I didn't have time to read it. I mean, I can never be accused of not being a practical woman

Let me get back to the lion business. I told the young guard what had happened, he had a rifle and was all for racing back to the scene, and putting the poor fellow out of his misery. I suggested the lion had probably done that already. Just then the young guard put his finger to his lips. I could hear excited voices approaching our tent. The tent flap burst open and there stood the man I'd last seen gripped in the jaws of a lion. He held his left hand gingerly over  his ample middle. Other people bustled into the tent, all talking at once, explaining , how the lion had either not liked the look, or the little taste he'd had, of our fellow traveller, and so dropped him as quick as he'd picked him up, in fact, just as I took flight.

Weeell, we all had a good laugh. Except the young guard. He seemed rather puzzled at our light heartedness at such a serious event. I don't really know what his problem was, but if he was that worried, he should have come along with us. Mind you, Listeners, we did go off the beaten track, but why wouldn't we, we are adventurers.!We are not the sort to be put off by signs saying 'Danger!!'  'Do not Enter' 'Stay Close Together'. Weeeell, we came for adventure! Really, it's a wonder the lion didn't take me, I can be a little, devil, as you well know my faithful listeners. I was determined to ignore every sign in sight, and I did! We are all going out again tomorrow and the young guard is coming too. I'll sign off for now dear listeners, and write more about my adventures in time for our next radio date.
Your friend,
 Mrs Mitty Walter

By Tushie

No comments:

Post a Comment