Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

MRS STOOPER

"Tushie Can'tdoitright'  by  Trish
 (Hard Times)
Our neighbor, Mrs Stooper, told me,
"Tushie Can'tdoitright, you've got feathers in you're head".
I didn't know what to say, then remembered what my dad always said.
"And you're an old battle axe, who ought to be locked up,
A man could crack eggs on a face like your's it's so hard and tough."

It made Mrs Stooper angry, her face went red as can be
"So that's what he thinks. I've got a message for him, from me!"
Tell him, I want the five quid, I loaned your mum, paid today.'
I didn't know what to do, how to sort it out,
I knew what my mum was like, when money was talked about.

Oh what, oh what, had I done,
I didn't know how I was going to tell my mum.
But it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be,
My mum smiled, said  "Let's just, see, her come in, and ask me."

Tushie

No comments:

Post a Comment